We had a little family birthday party for Nico while we were down in the Springs for the holidays. We had all the cousins over for a movie and some popcorn. Then we had a Hot Wheels cake and Nico got to open Presents. Jamie and I bought him a Hot Wheels bike that he totally loved and had to pack up and bring to the Springs. Too bad there was too much snow for him to try riding it.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
We had a little kid table. Summer got to sit with all the adults-she probably liked that better!
Elisa and I cooked our first turkey ever-way delicious. Jamie got to carve our first turkey-we were all so proud of ourselves. Next year we are doing this again and no parents allowed. We love my mom, but we have to say OUR thanksgiving dinner was WAY better. It could be that we probably added a bazillion calories to each meal, never the less, it was sooooo good.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I also have this super funny sister, Elisa. She makes me laugh and always tells me how it is. So, in response to her blog, I will post reasons for which I love my sisters so much!
1. She calls me for no reason at all, just because she's bored or waiting for food at the drive thru.
2. She makes me laugh, even when it's not a laughing matter, she finds something funny to say.
3. She's not affraid to say what is on her mind. Even if it's gross or nasty-it's very fun!
4. She will always tell me if I have bad breath or if I stink-can't beat her honesty.
5. She is the world greatest shopper because she actually buys stuff, unlike me who likes to put everything in her cart and then leave.
6. She's a great mom-she's not affraid to also tell her kids what she thinks-if I could only repeat some of what goes on in the background when we are on the phone-way HILARIOUS!!!!
7. She likes to have fun and laugh. No matter what she's doing she's willing to let it all go and have a party-literally.
8. She loves to spend time in the sun-she has to or we couldn't be friends!
9. She's patient with me, specially when I change my mind over and over again about EVERYTHING.
10. She has an amazing family that I love. Her kids are like my kids and I would just die if anything ever happened to one of them-I keep telling her to will her kids to me, but I don't live in Utah-does it really matter?
11. I could go on forever, but I think the most important thing to me about her is that she is my best friend, or "best buddy" as the Townsend household says. What would I ever do without my "buddy"?
1. She is tough to crack-if we make her laugh, we've accomplished a great deal!
2. She and I have great phone conversations where we let it all out! We can vent like there is no tomorrow and then feel great!
3. She is wicked smart and very dedicated. She works harder than anyone I know.
4. She also likes to spend time in the sun. I remember the time she came back from a summer of selling alarms and we thought she was Dewayne's sister-she was so dark we hardly recognized her!
5. She is determined to get her baby on a baby wise schedule and is very persistent-no matter how long or hard that baby cries-she always wins! (she is going to be an amazing mom)
6. She cracks me up because no matter what kind of advise you give her, she will always take it with a grain of salt and then do what she wants-you can't make her do ANYTHING!
7. She has great taste in clothes and shoes. I only wish we wore the same size shoe, she really does have some really cute shoes.
8. She is a great person to talk to. She gives great advice and like Elisa, isn't affraid to say what's on her mind. She may be a little more sensitive to your feelings, but she's honest and I love it.
9. She is an amazing photographer-I hope she never starts to do it seriously or I wont be able to afford her services. She has such an artistica ability that completely amazes me.
10. She has big hands like me-we are one and the same!
11. I love that she is a mom now. We have so much more in common! I feel like I'm getting to know her all over again and I love it. She is beautiful inside and out and is wise beyond her years. She is also my best friend. What would I ever do without my little sister? My life would definately not be complete!!!
Friday, January 11, 2008
2-3 chicken breast
Garlic to taste
3-4 C. Water
1 Package of corn tortillas
Queso Fresco (found in the refrigerated section next to the cream cheese or sour cream)
Mexican Sour Cream (this is different than regular sour cream also found with the Queso Fresco)
Crock pot the chicken in its juices until it shredds (about 4 hours).
When ready to eat prepare Enchilada Sauce:
Cut off stems from Chiles and take out seeds. Put them all in a blender and add water 1 CUP AT A TIME and blend. Add Garlic ( I use about 1 tablespoon). Water should be added until you have a good consistency. Heather said to use 1 cup, but it was WAY too thick for me, so I ended up adding 4 more cups of water.
Pour half of enchilada sauce in crock pot with chicken for the last hour of cooking. Fry the corn tortillas in oil to soften (usually about 5 seconds on each side). Set them aside. When all are fried, dip them in the remaining enchilada sauce and roll the chicken mixture inside with a bit of Queso Fresco. I put them all in a 9X12 pyrex and place them in the oven at 300 until we're ready to eat. When you serve them I add the Mexican sour cream on top and serve them with a side of refried beens. It is very DELISIOSO!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I started diner tonight at 3 pm in the crock pot and the chicken is still raw. What a blessing! I called Jamie and he's picking up Mexican food from Cafe Mexcali. I love that place. They have the best White Habanero sauce ever! So, I may not get my chicken enchiladas I was planning on (by the way, the enchilada sauce is made from scratch and is unbelievably delicious!!!), but I do get to endulge in something almost as good-NO CLEAN UP!!!
We had a great Christmas and I haven't done any posting. We spent the holidays with Jamie's family in Colorado Springs and got to see Steve, Keri, Steven James, KT and Brett from California. It was so great to see them. They gave us California fever and we are now planning a trip to LA to visit them in the spring. I love having family in California because you get a chance to visit!