Saturday, June 21, 2008

Green thumb anyone?

So Jamie and I are tackling the yard this week. We started in the front and ended up digging up the mulch because grass had overgrown and it was thick. We're going to lay down rock. Also, our back yard is covered in weeds in the rock beds and I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea on how to get them out. We're thinking we'll do a week killer this week, wait a couple days, hose it down really nice and then pull them out. Anybody have a good idea on how to get rid of rockbed weeds? Our backyard is so big we're affraid to start! If anyone has good ideas, I'm totally open. Jamie and I are not good in the garden. I've killed every plant I've ever owned-not a good sign.

5 comments:

Spitzer Family said...

I don't have any good advice, all I ever had to do growing up is pull the weeds by hand, so not fun! You are so cute pregnant!!!

~The Brown Family~ said...

you can spray then pick them or just water them where is is soft and easy to pull. Then spray so none grow back. Weeds suck I just did this last week. Good luck! Can't wait to see!

Cami said...

Sorry, no good advice here, but I do have Amy's email that you wanted. It's amy_paul@juno.com

~ Cami

Elisa said...

I have a PURPLE thumb. Which is as far away from a green thumb as you can get, so I have no idea what to tell ya, but I bet Sandee has great tips. Her thumb is greener then the jungle!!

BlondieBlueEyes said...

I wish I could help but looking at my own yard gives me NO room to talk.